What is Cloudflare Zone Lockdown and how do I set it up?
Before we go into the Cloudflare Zone Lockdown configuration stages, let’s take a look at some of the features:
Zone Lockdown’s Features
- A list of one or more IP addresses, CIDR ranges, or networks that are the only IPs allowed to access a domain, subdomain, or URL is known as zone lockdown.
- If someone from a different IP address tries to access the page or site, they’ll get an “1106 access denied” message. This means that the Cloudflare firewall has blacklisted the IP address.
- Zone Lockdown supports multiple destinations as well as IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in a single rule.
Zone Lockdown configuration steps
- First, open the Cloudflare Firewall app and navigate to the Tools menu.
- Select Create a Zone Lockdown Rule from the drop-down menu.
- Fill up the data such as Name, URLs, and IP Range here.
Name: We can supply a one-line description of the Organization’s or person’s IP or IP range that we want to be blocked (wish to allow).
URLs: We can provide the URL of the organization/person whose permission we wish to grant.
We can offer a single IP address or a range of IP addresses for which we want to enable access to our website.
- Finally, after filling up all of the aforementioned fields, click Save and Deploy.For many overlapping Zone Lockdown rules, we can select a Priority in the Advanced Options of the Zone Lockdown setup. The higher the priority, the lower the number. And the rules with greater importance take precedence.
At Velan, our server support engineers can set up Cloudflare and configure Zone Lockdown to protect your website, application, and servers from unwanted zone access. If you are interested in our service, please fill the Quick connect form to get in touch with us.