Managed Services - Remote Monitoring
What is Server Monitoring
Server monitoring is a process to monitor server's system resources like CPU Usage, Memory Consumption, I/O, Network, Disk Usage, Process etc. Server Monitoring helps understanding system's resource usage which can help you better your capacity planning and provide a better end-user experience.
Why do you need Monitoring?
Network/Server Monitoring services can determine if a Web server is available across different networks worldwide. Monitoring of resources helps us to analyze the exact issue thereby allowing the administrator to take a preventive action.
What do we Monitor?
We can monitor the following -
Monitor all critical resources
- Server Availability
- Website Monitoring
- Errors in Event logs and other Log files – that are specified
- High Resource usage and other performance issues
- CPU usage that is sustained for over 10 mins
- Memory usage issues
- Free disk space issue
- Networking and NIC usage
- Application critical services that are identified
- Mail queue
- Security: Review Virus and local firewall alerts on the servers.
- Connection Time
- Request Statistics
- Connection Statistics
- Thread Details
- Table Lock Statistics
- Key efficiency
- Query Hit Ratio
- And more
- And more
- WAN Links
- And many more
The monitoring setup team receives the access information to the server. The setup team sets up the servers with the sensors and alert emails. The setup triggers an alert to verify the alert system is functional. The setup team hands over the server to the monitoring team.
Reports are provided on a monthly basis on –
- Response time
- Resolution time
- Action taken
|# of Sensors supported
|Additional Sensors *
|Level 1 Support#
* Additional sensors costs $7/sensor/device | #Additional Support options are available. SLA are defined below
## Discounts available for bulk servers
Level 1 & Level 2 Support
- Respond to monitoring issues
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting and support of all server, applications and operating system issues 24/7.
- Response time under 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on the criticality of the issue.
- Escalate to 2nd level Support or other support contacts as required.
- Manage Backups
- Schedule Backups
- Analyze Backup failures
- Restart Backup
- Web Server
- Website monitoring
- Restart Services
- CSR generation and SSL certificate installation
- Event log analysis
- OS and application support
- Apply OS upgrade and security patches
- Install new software and tools where installation is straight forward, as and when required.
- User Management
- Account creation and management (AD, Mail, FTP)
- Trouble shooting access issues
- Group Policy – Creating, Trouble shooting
- Mail Server
- User / Mailbox creation
- Policy setting
- Monitor Queues
- Trouble shoot basic mail related issues (pop3, smtp, webmail)
- Sharing and security of application folders
- Analyze anti-virus, firewall alerts and logs
Standard SLA (during business hours)